Why This Job?
This job exists at IMS to apply the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, and testing of the IMS software platform.
Who We Are
Investor Management Services (IMS) is a well-funded, product & customer focused start-up located in Charlotte & Raleigh, NC. Our platform was launched in 2015 in response to an obvious void that was causing inefficiencies for private equity Commercial Real Estate (CRE) firms, and we have now become one of the leading investor management platforms in the CRE industry. Born out of a 20+ years of real estate experience, our technology is designed to solve core business pains of real estate investment professionals. IMS provides CRE investment sponsors a platform to manage investors and investments, analyze their investment portfolio in real-time, store and disseminate documents, and drive investor connection & transparency.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications
- Write front-end and back-end code and unit tests
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Help your team improve and grow; constantly look for ways to make your team more effective
- Learn new techniques and tools and share them with the team
- May be asked to serve as technical expert on development projects
Who and What You'll Work With
- You’ll work collaboratively with other teams including Product Management, UX, Customer Success, Analytics, Sales, and Marketing
- You’ll work across multiple offices & with multiple development teams
- You’ll work within the following technology stack:
- AngularJS and React front-ends
- Ruby on Rails API
- PostgreSQL database
- Applications hosted in AWS
What Would Make Us Excited About You?
- You have a passion and curiosity to learn
- You enjoy problem solving, understand complex ideas, and can analyze information to effectively chose the best solution
- You approach new challenges with a positive attitude
- You are someone who focuses on quality, is organized, and are thorough in how you reach solutions
- You have a desire to engineer with the customer in mind & enjoy helping to ensure success for IMS customers
- You believe in the collective power of an Engineering team & are open to learning with others and paired programming
- You enjoy pushing yourself to meet challenging goals
Why You Should Be Excited About Us
At IMS we OWN IT! Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we look for teammates who want be a part of growing a game-changing business in the Fintech space. Each day offers new opportunities to excel or take on new challenges, innovation is at the heart of what we do, and we have a passionate, driven team of people who aspire to make a difference.
IMS is committed to creating and harnessing the power of a world-class team to fuel our company’s hyper-growth. We have brand-new headquarters in Charlotte’s urban core, kegs of beer from local craft brewers, and an on-site gym that offers group workout classes. We love to work hard and play hard and believe that every workplace needs to have a little fun (scooters in the office anyone?)! We pride ourselves on a culture that enables each teammate to thrive, both inside and outside of our doors, and we believe that a highly engaged workforce is the key driver in creating a world-class business.
This role can be located in Charlotte or Raleigh, North Carolina.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.