Summary / Objective of Position:
Investor Management Services (IMS), the leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company targeting the commercial real estate industry, is looking for a talented, organized, and energetic individual to fill the role of Software / Business Analyst. In this role on the IMS product team, you will report to the VP of Product and work closely with scrum masters, the development team, the UI/UX team, and the customer success team. Your primary role is to help the VP of Product execute on the IMS product roadmap. To do this, we expect you to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate business/user requirements and translate those requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process, or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business need. You should have a solid grasp on data analytics, strategy, and Agile methodologies in order to deliver a high-quality product to increase company revenue.
IMS is a well-funded startup that is growing fast with a team that has a history of building successful companies. We need to continue to build out new features and ensure customers are on-boarded smoothly, all while seamlessly scaling to support our growth.
Our platform enables commercial real estate investment sponsors to proactively manage their investors, investments, and properties. It is a game changer for their businesses! The platform has both a heavy front end (investor dashboards, CRM, etc.) and back end (complex financial calculations and data models). Though our software is complex, you thrive in simplifying complexity. If you have the technical chops and are ready to build a successful software startup that does things the right way, keep reading.
- Consult with VP of Product to understand the product vision/roadmap and feature set
- Research and develop expertise in key Agile processes
- Create strong process flows and diagrams relative to business requirements
- Elicit and document functional requirements, ensuring requirements are concise, complete, and prioritized and that they are aligned to the goals of the project and the business
- Create and prioritize user stories that developers and testers can develop against and manage the backlog to ensure a successful release that delivers to expectation
- Support the development teams to ensure the success of the software solution
- Work iteratively with stakeholders to validate/refine requirements, define acceptance tests, and validate results
Facilitate UAT planning and testing
- Assist the VP of Product in identifying risks, issues, and dependencies
- Provide assistance in identifying, developing, and evaluating systems and procedures
- Work within the Agile framework
- Serve as a liaison to the other teams in planning, coordinating, developing, and deploying multi-team enhancements
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Analytical: Undertakes complex tasks and breaks them down into manageable parts in a systematic way, thinks of multiple possible causes and anticipates consequences of situations, thinks of possible alternatives for a situation
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Team Work: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Experience, Education, & Qualifications
- Experience documenting user stories and requirements
- Ability to gather information, consult those who need to be involved, and drive decisions
- Experience writing requirements and driving requirements through the full SDLC (Includes business requirements, functional design, conceptual mockups, use cases, test plans, and implementation plans and can review and understand technical design)
- Degree in business administration or computer science / information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
- 1-3 years experience as a business or software analyst preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a vision, build relationships, and obtain buy-in
- Ability to adapt as business needs change
- Data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Location: This role is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Please apply on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/software-business-analyst-investor-management-services
AAP/EEO Statement: Investor Management Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.