Summary / Objective of Position:
Investor Management Services (IMS), the leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company targeting the commercial real estate industry, is looking for a proven, superstar Senior DevOps Engineer or Manager. You will play a key senior role on our team, architecting and implementing the best of class technology infrastructure. You will work both with our development and QA teams as well as other roles to ensure we are implementing, delivering and maintaining market-first software.
We are a well-funded startup that is growing fast with a team that has a history of building successful companies. We need to continue to build out new features and ensure customers are on-boarded smoothly all while seamlessly scaling to support our growth.
Our platform enables commercial real estate investment sponsors to proactively manage their investors, investments and properties. It is a game changer for their businesses! The platform has both a heavy front end - investor dashboards, CRM, etc. - and back end - complex financial calculations and data models.
Our software is complex - but you thrive in simplifying complexity. If you have the technical chops and are ready to build a successful software startup that does things the right way, keep reading.
- Play a significant role in the architecture and implementation of the infrastructure for our software.
- Ensure AWS resources are patched and best practices in security are adhered to.
- Work with a team of software engineers to provide the tools they need to succeed.
- Feel like an owner. You will be empowered to solve hard technical problems and ensure we are executing on our roadmap while not missing a step in uptime, scalability, and security.
- Automate where it makes sense; drive innovation in our infrastructure and process to improve overall engineering success.
- Work collaboratively with other teams including product management, UX, customer success, data and analytics, sales, and marketing. You must thrive in a transparent, non-siloed, non-political culture.
- Learn every day. We are a startup. Every day we learn and improve.
>Competencies for Success in This Role
- You are A-level talent - an exceptional Linux and automation engineer and architect that works well with others.
- You have a strong understanding of Git, Ansible, and Jenkins (or equivalent configuration management and CI Tools).
- You are proficient in at least 1 scripting language.
- You have a broad understanding of AWS core components.
- You are a self-starter with a strong work ethic, common sense, and a positive attitude. You thrive in a transparent, high growth startup environment including constantly looking at ways to make your team and whole company more effective.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You work well with other teams in the organization.
- You have great attention to detail. You take a results-driven approach to problem-solving.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent required
- Experience managing and maintaining production web applications (Ruby on Rails a plus).
- 5+ years of experience in a cloud/devops engineering role in a successful, agile (scrum) software company that has served hundreds of customers and hundreds of thousands of end users
Location: This role can be located in Charlotte or Raleigh, North Carolina.
Please apply on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/senior-devops-engineer-investor-management-services
AAP/EEO Statement: Investor Management Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.