Summary/Objective of Position:
Investor Management Services (IMS), the leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company targeting the commercial real estate industry, is looking for a proven, superstar Senior Back End Software Engineer (Ruby On Rails). You will play a key senior role on our back end team, architecting and implementing business logic in Ruby On Rails. You will work both within our development team as well as other roles to ensure we are implementing market-first software.
We are a well-funded startup that is growing fast with a team that has a history of building successful companies. We need to continue to build out new features and ensure customers are on-boarded smoothly all while seamlessly scaling to support our growth.
Our platform enables commercial real estate investment sponsors to proactively manage their investors, investments and properties. It is a game changer for their businesses! The platform has both a heavy front end - investor dashboards, CRM, etc. - and back end - complex financial calculations and data models.
Our software is complex - but you thrive in simplifying complexity. If you have the technical chops and are ready to build a successful software startup that does things the right way, keep reading.
- Play a significant role in the architecture and implementation (including implementing automated test cases for your code) of the back end of our software.
- Work with a team of software engineers to provide mentorship and growth.
- Feel like an owner. You will be empowered to solve hard technical problems and ensure we are executing on our roadmap while not missing a step in uptime, scalability, and security.
- Provide input to our roadmap ensuring it is a balance of what we need to lead the market and what we need to deliver a well architected, reliable, high quality platform.
- Help align the development team with the entire organization and customers. Work collaboratively with other teams including product management, UX, customer success, data and analytics, sales, and marketing. You must thrive in a transparent, non-siloed, non-political culture.
- Learn every day. We are a startup. Every day we learn and improve.
Competencies for Success in This Role:
- You are A level talent - an exceptional Ruby On Rails Back End or Full Stack engineer and architect that works well with others.
- You are a self-starter with strong work ethic, common sense, and a positive attitude. You thrive in a transparent, high growth startup environment including constantly looking at ways to make your team and whole company more effective.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You work well with other teams in the organization.
- You have great attention to detail. You take a results-driven approach to problem solving.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent required
- For back end engineers: extensive production software experience with Ruby On Rails. Experience with a successful transition to microservices architecture is a big plus
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role in a successful, agile (scrum), software company that has served hundreds of customers and hundreds of thousands of end users
Location: This role is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Please apply on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/senior-back-end-engineer-investor-management-services
AAP/EEO Statement: Investor Management Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.