Summary/Objective of Position:
Investor Management Services, a leading commercial real estate software as a service (SaaS) company, is looking for a talented individual to fill the role of Equity Analyst. The Analyst will work with clients to understand the commercial real estate (CRE) equity structure needed to run waterfall calculations for operating and sale/refi distributions.
The Sales – Equity Analyst (Solutions Consultant) will manage multiple prospective client CRE equity waterfall reviews, completing troubleshooting and financial analysis tasks related to setup of those prospective clients’ distribution calculations / waterfalls in the IMS Platform. The Sales – Equity Analyst (Solutions Consultant) will also be responsible for demonstration/presentation of waterfall distribution calculations in the IMS Platform using prospective clients’ data, providing proof of concept, and facilitating the close of the sale. When fully ramped, the Analyst (Solutions Engineer) will manage 5-10 prospective client waterfalls at a time through the demonstration stage. This requires a highly organized person who can understand ownership structures, operating agreements, and distribution calculations. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of the following items is also required: preferred rate of return, capital balance(s), compounding periods, day count conventions, IRR, and XIRR.
Additional responsibilities include process improvement and interfacing with internal team members in various departments, including development, product management, sales, and marketing. Rapid customer adoption of our break-through commercial real estate technology platform means career advancement opportunities for a motivated, hard-working, and capable professional who consistently drives for results.
Competencies for Success in This Role:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information
- Attention to detail is critical for client confidence and efficiency
- Experience working with advanced financial calculations
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, common sense, and a positive attitude
- Extremely customer service focused
- Ability to adapt plans to changing circumstances
- Ability to allocate time for specific tasks and prioritize requests and demands
- Ability to prioritize a list of projects and focus on higher value tasks with more immediate deadlines
- Ability to set realistic standards for quality
- Ability to provide accurate, valid, and complete information using correct methods/tools
- Capable of handling client complaints, providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within time constraints, and following up with clients to ensure resolution was satisfactory
- Excellent focus, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a very fast-paced environment
- Follow, and continually strive to improve, communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Desire to learn commercial real estate terms and concepts
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. Prefer finance/math/economics/business degrees.
- Experience with Microsoft products, including: Excel (expert level), Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 2+ year prior experience as an analyst or as a CRE broker
- Commercial real estate (CRE) knowledge and financial experience
- Experience working in a financial technology firm
Location: This role is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
To apply, please take the assessment at: http://bit.ly/2kOlxPE
AAP/EEO Statement: Investor Management Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.