WHY THIS JOB?
As Director of Marketing you will be responsible for overseeing the marketing efforts for the company, which includes everything from positioning, go-to market strategy, lead generation, partnerships, thought leadership, and day-to-day execution of all marketing activities.
Investor Management Services (IMS) is a well-funded, product & customer focused growth stage firm located in Charlotte, NC. Our platform was launched in 2015 in response to an obvious void that was causing inefficiencies for private equity Commercial Real Estate (CRE) firms, and we have now become one of the leading investor management platforms in the CRE industry. Born out of 20+ years of real estate experience, our technology is designed to solve core business pains of real estate investment professionals. IMS provides CRE investment sponsors a platform to manage investors and investments, analyze their investment portfolio in real-time, store and disseminate documents, and drive investor connection & transparency.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and established track record of B2B SaaS marketing with experience or strong interest in commercial real estate. You’ll lead a small team of marketers responsible for crafting compelling narratives for the entire IMS suite of services. You will team with Product Management, Sales and Customer Success to drive inbound, GTM, and outbound initiatives.
WHO & WHAT YOU’LL WORK WITH
- Oversee all marketing activities for the company
- Work closely with the CRO and the leadership team to enhance and align efforts
- Lead a small marketing and communication team to ensure the value prop, positioning, and key messages are converted into demand generation, events, and communication programs that meet the marketing goals for the company
- Develop market positioning, materials, processes, and products that differentiate our products and services in the marketplace (sales enablement tools, presentations, case studies, white papers, and POVs)
- Be an effective leader and ensure all marketing programs are successful, metrics-driven, and goal-oriented
- Bridge the Sales, CS and Product teams to drive a consistent and compelling product message to effectively promote and facilitate the sale of the IMS platform
- Oversee the development and execution of launch plans for new product initiatives, working closely with product, sales, customer success, and the rest of the marketing team
- Be a trusted partner to the product team and relay customer, sales and market insights that inform product roadmap decisions and strategy
- Partner with the product and growth teams to improve the end-to-end user experience including funnel optimization, new feature development, and customer engagement
- Stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape and in doing so ensure the team can communicate key differentiators of our products and identify opportunities for future growth
- Craft messaging and positioning in the market; conduct competitive and market analysis to determine and highlight key differentiators
- Able to leverage your previous experiences leading a breadth of marketing disciplines including PR/media outreach, demand gen/lead generation, content, events, and marketing ops.
WHAT WOULD MAKE US EXCITED ABOUT YOU?
- 6+ years’ experience building and leading a team of marketing professionals
- Experience creating market positioning materials including sales enablement tools, presentations, case studies, white-papers, customer videos, POVs, and thought leadership
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end, manage long term projects and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills with proven expertise in problem solving
- A proven track record of working collaboratively and being accountable
- Exceptional organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Self-starter, ability to thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with marketers and executing campaigns
- Proven success with demand generation for complex sales
- Experience driving thought leadership, demand generation, and cultivating positive media coverage
- Bachelor’s (or Master)’s degree in marketing or related discipline
WHY YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED ABOUT US
At IMS we OWN IT! Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we look for teammates who want to be a part of growing a game-changing business that’s disrupting the Fintech space. Each day offers new opportunities to excel or take on new challenges, innovation is at the heart of what we do, and we have a passionate, driven team of people who want to make a difference.
IMS is committed to creating and harnessing the power of a world-class team to fuel our company’s hyper-growth. We have a brand-new headquarters in Charlotte’s urban core, kegs of beer from local craft brewers, and an on-site gym that offers group workout classes. We love to work hard and play hard and believe that every workplace needs to have a little fun (scooters in the office anyone?)! We’re building a culture that enables each teammate to thrive, both inside and outside of our doors, and we believe that a highly engaged workforce is the key driver to creating a world-class business.
This role is in Charlotte, North Carolina.
AAP/EEO Statement: Investor Management Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.