Why This Job?
This job exists at IMS to create more stable operating environments by continuously improving the IMS platform infrastructure to be easily deployable and scalable.
Who We Are
Investor Management Services (IMS) is a well-funded, product & customer focused start-up located in Charlotte & Raleigh, NC. Our platform was launched in 2015 in response to an obvious void that was causing inefficiencies for private equity Commercial Real Estate (CRE) firms, and we have now become one of the leading investor management platforms in the CRE industry. Born out of a 20+ years of real estate experience, our technology is designed to solve core business pains of real estate investment professionals. IMS provides CRE investment sponsors a platform to manage investors and investments, analyze their investment portfolio in real-time, store and disseminate documents, and drive investor connection & transparency.
What You'll Do
- Play a significant role in the architecture and implementation of the infrastructure for our software
- Ensure AWS resources are patched and best practices in security are adhered to
- Improve communication and collaboration to enable rapid product development by serving as the liaison between the development and operations teams
- Work with a team of Software Engineers to provide the tools they need to succeed
- Automate software deployment processes by releasing incremental updates and developing automation tools where needed
- Automate where it makes sense & drive innovation in our infrastructure processes
- Ensure execution on our roadmap while not compromising uptime, scalability, and security
Who and What You'll Work With
- You’ll work collaboratively with other teams including Product Management, Product Development, and Customer Success.
- You’ll work across multiple offices & with multiple development teams
- You’ll work within the following technology:
- Git, Ansible, and Jenkins
- PostgreSQL database
- Applications hosted in AWS
- Bash, Python, & Ruby
- Linux Applications & Servers
- Amazon Web Services
What Would Make Us Excited About You?
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or Computer Science or have equivalent experience in system, network, or cloud engineering
- You have experience managing and maintaining web applications and network equipment
- You have a passion and curiosity to learn
- You enjoy problem solving, understand complex ideas, and can analyze information to effectively choose the best solution
- You approach new challenges with eagerness and a positive attitude
- You are someone who focuses on quality and attention to detail and are thorough in your approach
- You are calm under pressure, even-tempered, & resistant to the effects of stress or unexpected changes
- You enjoy pushing yourself to meet challenging goals
- You communicate well with others & enjoy being part of a team-oriented environment
Why You Should Be Excited About Us
At IMS we OWN IT! Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we look for teammates who want be a part of growing a game-changing business in the Fintech space. Each day offers new opportunities to excel or take on new challenges, innovation is at the heart of what we do, and we have a passionate, driven team of people who aspire to make a difference.
IMS is committed to creating and harnessing the power of a world-class team to fuel our company’s hyper-growth. We have brand-new headquarters in Charlotte’s urban core, kegs of beer from local craft brewers, and an on-site gym that offers group workout classes. We love to work hard and play hard and believe that every workplace needs to have a little fun (scooters in the office anyone?)! We pride ourselves on a culture that enables each teammate to thrive, both inside and outside of our doors, and we believe that a highly engaged workforce is the key driver in creating a world-class business.
This role is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.