Why This Job?
The Customer Success Implementation Director will lead our software implementation initiatives.
They will oversee the implementation team and report to the VP of Customer Success. This role requires a strategic thinker who is willing to build upon the existing foundation to develop scalable solutions that meet our client’s goals while automating processes. This requires a highly organized person who can manage multiple initiatives, with project / time management and client relationships being critical.
The CS Implementation Director will support direct reports by removing barriers to success and driving operation and process improvements that will allow the team to gain efficiencies and deliver an optimal customer experience. This position should have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Additional responsibilities include establishing key performance metrics, reporting on the progress of these metrics, and interfacing with internal team members in various departments, including development, product management, sales, and marketing.
The role is well suited for a seasoned technology executive, preferably with a technical and product-based background, to lead our Customer Success Implementation initiatives.
Who We Are
Investor Management Services (IMS) is a well-funded, product & customer focused start-up located in Charlotte & Raleigh, NC. Our platform was launched in 2015 in response to an obvious void that was causing inefficiencies for private equity Commercial Real Estate (CRE) firms, and we have now become one of the leading investor management platforms in the CRE industry. Born out of a 20+ years of real estate experience, our technology is designed to solve core business pains of real estate investment professionals. IMS provides CRE investment sponsors a platform to manage investors and investments, analyze their investment portfolio in real-time, store and disseminate documents, and drive investor connection & transparency.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership over the implementation program, drive efficiencies, and continuously improve the overall customer onboarding experience
- Optimize the onboarding program while allowing for real-time reporting of progress
- Formulate best practices, both technically and functionally, needed to address customer needs
- Collaborate with our relationship management and support teams to execute a seamless handoff from implementation
- Ensure feedback is relayed from implementation to the product and development teams (the product will change and improve due to first-hand feedback from customers.)
- Build out a hands-on professional service for our mid-market implementations as well as a self-service onboarding plan for our smaller SMB customers
- Be the point of escalation for the implementation team; handle client and investor complaints and provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within time constraints
- Connect and collaborate with colleagues in product, sales, and marketing to champion new methods and innovate IMS forward
- Communicate best practice and, when needed, professionally explain why certain client requests are not available
- Be a mentor to the team on business communications leading toward improved shared outcomes
- Be a self-starter with strong work ethic, common sense, and a positive attitude
- Have strong analytical skills, the ability to analyze large data sets, strong attention to detail, and an eye for error prevention when loading data
- Have the ability to adapt plans to changing circumstances
- Have the ability to prioritize a list of projects and focus on higher value tasks with more immediate deadlines
- Relationship building, setting expectations, management skills, de-escalating and/or preventing escalation is critical
- Follow, and continually strive to improve, communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Desire to go "above and beyond" to engage IMS clients and their investors
What Would Make Us Excited About You?
- 5+ years of professional experience implementing enterprise, data-heavy, SaaS or ERP software applications
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to manage and interact with different types of teams (customer, engineering, data management, product, sales, marketing, external partners, etc.)
- Proven experience managing complex, multi-faceted projects
- Proven track record implementing best practices with continuous process improvement and data-based reporting
- Effective communication and negotiation skills with the ability to engage at all levels of an organization
- Technically proficient, willing and able to be a player-coach, diving into the details to complete successful implementations
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to manage relationship and expectations
- Excellent focus, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a very fast-paced environment
- Experience managing simultaneous software implementations for multiple clients.
- Experience researching, troubleshooting, and solving complex software issues a plus
- Experience working in a financial technology firm
- Experience with Microsoft products including: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, with advanced Excel proficiency
- Experience using project management software to drive joint accountability and alignment with customers and teammates
- Understanding of commercial real estate terms and concepts
- Must have ability to travel, as needed
Why You Should Be Excited About Us
At IMS we OWN IT! Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we look for teammates who want be a part of growing a game-changing business in the Fintech space. Each day offers new opportunities to excel or take on new challenges, innovation is at the heart of what we do, and we have a passionate, driven team of people who aspire to make a difference.
IMS is committed to creating and harnessing the power of a world-class team to fuel our company’s hyper-growth. We have brand-new headquarters in Charlotte’s urban core, kegs of beer from local craft brewers, and an on-site gym that offers group workout classes. We love to work hard and play hard and believe that every workplace needs to have a little fun (scooters in the office anyone?)! We pride ourselves on a culture that enables each teammate to thrive, both inside and outside of our doors, and we believe that a highly engaged workforce is the key driver in creating a world-class business.
This role is in Charlotte, North Carolina.
AAP/EEO Statement: Investor Management Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.