Why This Job?
The role of Associate Product Manager (APM) is critical to ensure the successful execution of the product roadmap. A successful APM will need to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate business/user requirements and ensure the successful translation of those requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process, or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business need.
Who We Are
Investor Management Services (IMS) is a well-funded, product & customer focused start-up located in Charlotte & Raleigh, NC. Our platform was launched in 2015 in response to an obvious void that was causing inefficiencies for private equity Commercial Real Estate (CRE) firms, and we have now become one of the leading investor management platforms in the CRE industry. Born out of a 20+ years of real estate experience, our technology is designed to solve core business pains of real estate investment professionals. IMS provides CRE investment sponsors a platform to manage investors and investments, analyze their investment portfolio in real-time, store and disseminate documents, and drive investor connection & transparency.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with scrum teams, the UI/UX team, product management team, and stakeholders
- Analyze and understand business problems
- Gather and document requirements
- Organize backlog and set team priorities
- Work with QA team to ensure proper testing of releases
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies
Who and What You’ll Work With
- You’ll work collaboratively with other teams including Product Management, Product Development, and Customer Success
- You’ll work across multiple offices & with multiple development teams
- You’ll work within the following technology: Jira, Confluence, Sketch/Invision
What Would Make Us Excited About You?
- You hold a bachelor’s degree and have equivalent experience in product management
- You have experience writing and validating user requirements
- You have a passion and curiosity to learn
- You enjoy problem solving, understand complex ideas, and can analyze information to effectively choose the best solution
- You approach new challenges with eagerness and a positive attitude
- You are someone who focuses on quality and attention to detail and are thorough in your approach
- You enjoy pushing yourself to meet challenging goals
- You communicate well with others & enjoy being part of a team-oriented environment
Why You Should Be Excited About Us
At IMS we OWN IT! Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we look for teammates who want be a part of growing a game-changing business in the Fintech space. Each day offers new opportunities to excel or take on new challenges, innovation is at the heart of what we do, and we have a passionate, driven team of people who aspire to make a difference.
IMS is committed to creating and harnessing the power of a world-class team to fuel our company’s hyper-growth. We have brand-new headquarters in Charlotte’s urban core, kegs of beer from local craft brewers, and an on-site gym that offers group workout classes. We love to work hard and play hard and believe that every workplace needs to have a little fun (scooters in the office anyone?)! We pride ourselves on a culture that enables each teammate to thrive, both inside and outside of our doors, and we believe that a highly engaged workforce is the key driver in creating a world-class business.
This role is in Charlotte, North Carolina.
AAP/EEO Statement: Investor Management Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.